Bay Truck Stop is looking for a motivated and responsible Building Maintenance/Cleaner who is able to work any shift needed. The ideal candidate is one who is task-oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both coworkers and customers alike.
In addition, this position should possess strong organizational and time management skills to be able to prioritize responsibilities and accountabilities effectively and efficiently.
As a Building Maintenance/Cleaner you will be responsible for keeping all facilities in clean and safe manner that meets or exceeds the standards of Petro Canada/Breault Inc.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Meet established schedule and set standards for housekeeping; cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and mopping during established operating hours.
- Ensure resources are replenished daily and are well organized as per the standard guidelines.
- Track cleaning supply usage and alert manager when re-orders are required.
- Empty cardboard, garbage and dispose of waste appropriately.
- Appropriately mark all wet surfaces to ensure safety.
- Properly store all cleaning materials and substances in accordance with WHMIS requirements.
- Maintain all department equipment and ensure it’s in good order.
- Respond to emergency cleaning calls as required.
- Fuel trucks at Fuel Pass, when needed.
- Keep outside walkways clear of ice & snow.
- Summer season, maintain flowers and grass cutting.
- Restock merchandise.
- Receive deliveries- put stock away.
- Relieve or help cashier when needed.Assist customers when needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Valid drivers licence with own transportation.
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Service-oriented with a positive attitude toward internal and external clients.
Ability to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to:
- lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying weight up to 50lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Kneeling, bending, squatting and crouching.
- Tolerate exposure to dust and cleaning chemicals.
If you feel you are the right person to join a growing team, please apply with confidence today.